Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Time for a Change

I have a new and excited hope in what God is doing in Chattanooga. On Sunday, I shared our mission and vision with the church, and I am pumped about how God is about to rock this city over the next couple of years.

As a church we are praying for 100 lives to be transformed by Power of Christ this year. We live in a city where hundreds of thousands of people live every day without knowing, or even caring, who Jesus is. I don't know about you, but im tired of this being the reality. I want to see God move in a way that is bigger and better than I can possibly imagine or dream.

So far we are just a few weeks into the church and we have seen 3 lives changed. Only the beginning of God's work here in Chattanooga. Join us in praying God sized prayers for the city of Chattanooga to be connected to Jesus.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Josh - I'm a pastor on sabbatical here in chattanooga and one of my ways of "resting" is to learn more about what's happening in the area of new church development. I saw your billboard in north chatt and have now seen your website. I'd like to learn more about what you're doing... what's your background? more about your church's theology, your "market", your challenges, your funding... mundane stuff like that. Maybe we could even meet. I'd love to even come to your service. The site says free parking - in the Bijou parking lot? Thanks!!! Lina :)
ps - I'm a woman clergy - any problem with that?

Unknown said...

Lina - there is definately not a problem with you being a woman pastor. I would love for you to stop by one Sunday morning. The parking is free in the parking garage right above the Bijou. Just bring your ticket in and it will get validated. I can answer all questions you have about us! Great hearing from you and look forward to seeing you on a Sunday morning.

Anonymous said...

i am so excited about this. i have been living in chattanooga for almost three years and have been spritually thirsty in a dry land. i come from a place where church is far more life impacting than i have yet to see here. i plan on visiting soon and hope that this is an answered prayer!!!!!!!